terça-feira, julho 25, 2006

[69 / Texto Seleccionado?]

Probably the biggest turning point in my life happened when I played a game (Wip3out). I felt I was being given the privilege of getting a glimpse of what our future should be like. Although the game doesn’t really have a plot (in fact it is a mere racing game), I got mesmerized with the concept of it: the futuristic design, the quality sound of it, the amazing atmosphere that the screenshots portray and, especially, the hope in technology as a big help for human beings. It really made me get an astonishing insight. Suddenly, all I wanted was to become a person who would perfectly fit into that advanced world. Probably it was a bit illusive, but I started selecting all my new clothes in order to wear futuristic stuff. It was definitely an hard task…
I had a revelation from it because beyond the fascination with the game, I started analyzing the world in a different way: people seemed to be happy by just following everyone else’s steps. It became clear to me that almost no one dares to achieve success in the creativity field.
I was getting filled with innovative ideas in several areas; one of them is music. I started composing electronic songs (as well as the corresponding videos) in my mind and I really wanted to get an idea of how to bring those songs into reality… Those were songs which wouldn’t fit any genre I’ve ever heard before.
I wanted to spread my insight, so maybe I could trigger independent creativity on someone else’s mind. I felt the urge of being seen as someone who was no longer belonging to the grey crowd.
As our face is our own “busyness card”, I found it to be the perfect place to show what’s on my mind, so I started drawing futuristic design on my face.
A few weeks later I realized that my transparency wasn’t really welcome in my social background (or should I say that I tasted the corrosive flavour of social coercion?). I went back to my cocoon and stayed there for months.
Today I’m a grey guy in the crowd, who still loves to experience freedom in the form of innovative thoughts; the mind became my favourite playground.
Currently I’m studying Psychology at the university and I like to take experimental pictures.
But one thing is certain: if one day I get the chance to be taught all the tricks of how to create quality electronic music, I’ll follow that dream.
After all I’ve learnt that people only get the legitimacy of being a bit eccentric/visionary when they become famous…

João Gil Martins
Portugal

Sem comentários: